Listen to the Podcast
Five Five Tech
1. Windows 10 Upgrade Causes Battery Charging Problem
If you’re seeing an alert that your computer is plugged in but not charging, here are a couple of potential fixes.
2. Apple iOS Email Goes Haywire
If you upgraded to iOS 10 and now your email is impossible to follow, it’s probably because of some new Threading options. Go to Settings > Mail > Threading to change them to what you want.
- Learn more and see screenshots (T4L post)
3. Gmail Threading on Mobile Devices
You can’t unthread in the Gmail app, but you may be able to by adding your Gmail account to the default iOS or Android email app.
4. Amazon Music Unlimited
Amazon’s new unlimited music streaming service gives discounts to Amazon Prime members and owners of Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap devices.
- Sign Up for a 30-Day Free Trial (Amazon website)
- Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited (T4L Post)
- The benefits of Amazon Prime (T4L Post)
- Learn about the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap (T4L Post)
5. Galaxy Note Owners: Return It to Samsung to Get Credits Off Your Phone Bill
- Instructions and terms and conditions. (Samsung website)
- Samsung is offering Note 7 owners up to $100 credit to return their phones (The Verge)
- While I’ll never buy an ASUS computer again (T4L post)
You may also be interested in these posts on Tech for Luddites:
Reports are coming in that Microsoft's latest update to its Windows 10 operating system is causing some serious problems. This post includes options to try to stop the update from happening automatically.