Exciting times in the streaming world!
Listen to the Podcast
I Stream, You Stream
1. Updated Streaming Media Posts on Tech for Luddites
The following posts have all been updated with information about the new and upgraded players from Amazon, Roku, Apple, and Google.
- Amazon Fire TV: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Roku: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Apple TV: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Google Chromecast: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Streaming Media Player Comparison Chart
- Which Streaming Media Player Is Right for You?
2. The Big Four Players Are Available to Buy or Pre-Order
The Chromecast and Roku 4 are in stores now. The Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV will be available soon.
- Buy the Chromecast at the Google Store (all colors), Best Buy, and Target (black only)
- Buy the Roku 4 at Roku or Amazon
- Pre-order the Apple TV at Apple or MacMall (64GB, 32GB)
- Pre-order the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote at Amazon
- First Apple TV apps and games unveiled as developers prepare for tvOS App Store launch (9to5 Mac)
- Software update 5.0.3 for Fire TV 2 squashes more bugs but not all (AFTVnews)
3. Streaming Video Recommendation
You may also be interested in these posts on Tech for Luddites:
Still have questions about how a streaming media player like the Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or Google Chromecast works? Find answers here!