Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you end up buying something from the site it goes to, I may get a commission for the referral.
Exciting times in the streaming world!
Listen to the Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:26 — 6.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More Ways to Subscribe to The Luddite Lounge
Download full transcript (PDF).
I Stream, You Stream
1. Updated Streaming Media Posts on Tech for Luddites
The following posts have all been updated with information about the new and upgraded players from Amazon, Roku, Apple, and Google.
- Amazon Fire TV: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Roku: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Apple TV: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Google Chromecast: What Is It and How Do You Use It?
- Streaming Media Player Comparison Chart
- Which Streaming Media Player Is Right for You?
2. The Big Four Players Are Available to Buy or Pre-Order
The Chromecast and Roku 4 are in stores now. The Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV will be available soon.
- Buy the Chromecast at the Google Store (all colors), Best Buy, and Target (black only)
- Buy the Roku 4 at Roku or Amazon
- Pre-order the Apple TV at Apple or MacMall (64GB, 32GB)
- Pre-order the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote at Amazon
- First Apple TV apps and games unveiled as developers prepare for tvOS App Store launch (9to5 Mac)
- Software update 5.0.3 for Fire TV 2 squashes more bugs but not all (AFTVnews)
3. Streaming Video Recommendation
I recently enjoyed watching The Bletchley Circle, a British TV series about 4 women who worked in the cipher section during World War II and afterwards used the same skills to solve mysteries.
- Now available to stream from Amazon Video, Netflix, and Vudu
You may also be interested in these posts on Tech for Luddites:
Still have questions about how a streaming media player like the Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or Google Chromecast works? Find answers here!
Leave a Reply